RECIPE: Squash in Coconut Cream
Over the past year my go to comfort food has definitely changed, before when I wanted something warm and homey in my tummy I would either make a bowl of pasta or settle for something unhealthy – like take out. Squash in Coconut Cream is not only healthy, but its really easy to make and theres no meat in it too! It’s safe to say that this dish is perfect for those who are only beginning to get their hands dirty in the kitchen.
SQUASH IN COCONUT CREAM
- Half a Squash
- Bundle of Beans (Sitaw)
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- `1 Can of Coconut Cream or Milk
- Dried Chili (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a deep skillet saute onions and garlic on low heat
- Add squash and cover with low heat until squash starts to sweat
- Pour in coconut milk or cream, cover on low heat, wait for squash to soften
- Once squash has softened, add beans (sitaw) and chili for an extra kick
- Serve over rice or quinoa
You can use coconut milk because the sauce will still end up having a thick and creamy texture because of the squash, but if you want an extra thick and creamy sauce just opt for the coconut cream instead. Sometimes I add tinapa or have tuyo on the side with this dish for a balance of sweet and salty. So, there you have it! A simple and easy dish to have on a rainy day, like today.